Ruby on Rails Developer
Join our amazing team and help members of our community as they become Alternative Balance members.
We are looking for a New Hampshire resident who is an experienced full stack Ruby on Rails developer for a permanent full-time position as Lead Ruby on Rails Developer based in Henniker, NH. Work will be partially remote, partially in the office in Henniker. Full remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
You will be working on a professional group’s insurance eCommerce website that is custom-built in Ruby on Rails. The right applicant will need to have strong problem-solving skills in addition to strong technical skills. You will be working on projects mostly by yourself, but sometimes with our program manager and C-level management. Some of our projects are relatively short and small, while others are more long term (a few months of work). You will need to be able to handle multiple tasks during busy times.
We expect you to:
– Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
– Design robust, scalable and secure features
– Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
– Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
– Enjoy life outside of work
Our company strongly values honesty, integrity, respect, growth and hard work, and it’s important that you consistently do your best work to help our whole team achieve our goals. We are looking for someone who can reciprocate these values within our positive and energetic team. You’ll be part of an environment where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued along with making sure you have what you need to live a balanced life.
We are constantly growing and adjusting what we offer and how we deliver it, so we need consistent, reliable and honest long-term programming support. With the combination of in-office and remote work, this permanent full-time position gives you flexibility to enjoy life while creating beautiful code with us.
– Minimum 2-4 years of full stack development.
– Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
– A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
– Understanding of digital security protocols and best practices for backups & disaster recovery
– Experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL
– Good grasp of system design/architecture and testing procedures
– Expert in Git protocols
– Familiarity with Nginx/Apache on Ubuntu
If selected for an interview, be prepared to present portfolio materials, including:
– GitHub account and/or publicly available projects
– Stack Overflow account (if you’ve contributed)
Tuesdays & Thursdays applicants will work with the team in the Henniker Office in person.
M,W, & F applicant can work from home on their own schedule.
Full remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000 – $140,000 DOE
- Paid accrued sick/vacation time
- Paid Holidays
Not Included: Insurance or Retirement plans
Note: Due to our small size, we currently do not offer health or dental insurance or 401K benefits. We do offer sick time off, vacation time off, and lots of delicious company-provided lunches.
Our office is COVID-19 compliant with no public client walk-in interactions.